11.17.2010

The Simplehearted

Sim*ple-heart*ed {sim-puhl-hahr-tid}
adjective
free of deceit; artless; sincere.

The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalm 116:6

I am thankful for my God. I am thankful that he has never left me nor forsaken me. I feel like I can breathe again. I can laugh once more. I have joy.

When I started to pray and seek God's heart, he spoke to mine. I felt him telling me to rest. What a joyful rest!

He has opened my eyes and breathed new life into me once again. My joy is from within and he has allowed me to smile and enjoy the simple things in life; the uncomplicated beauty that he wants for me/us. I find great pleasure in seeking his world as He sees it:
- life-giving relationships
- Laughter
- Beauty in the sounds of birds
- Beauty in the gray sky morning
- Whole foods
- The love for the handmade
- All of these things should be centered around people and relationships

In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I find myself to be thankful for Him. Thankful for Him giving me great peace and rest - a state of unthreatened well-being. Thankful for making me simplehearted once more. 

How can I repay Him? How can I thank the Lord for his goodness?

I can only offer my desire to please him in my actions and in my words. 

What are you thankful for this season?
 
May I find joy in all things "simple"



The psalm of David captures in words what I cannot express:


Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living. I believed; therefore I said, I am greatly afllicted. And in my dismay I said, 'All men are liars.' 
How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant, you have freed me from my chains.
I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord. I will full my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people. In the courts of the house of the Lord - in your midst, O Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord.
Psalm 116:7-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels