11.15.2010

Do I Hear Drums?



When the morning comes
Let it go, this too shall pass

This song is dedicated to my Matty K. It's silly, I know, but I am dedicating it to him for two reasons:

1) He loves a good drum line - No, I mean he seriously gets excited when two drum lines go head-to-head in a good competition
2) He's (we) faced with some pretty heavy decisions about what to do in the next 6 months and this decision will need to be made in the upcoming weeks. This decision will impact us both and I know he is confused so this song is only a word of encouragement - Let it go, this too shall pass.

I don't want to get into details here, but these decisions involve one of three options: 1) Moving to another state 2) Staying here and in the current position he's in for one more year 3) Get out of the military and join the reserves

So, with that, I ask for your prayers. I ask that you pray that we continue to trust God with pointing us in the right direction and that we follow what we know is right vs. just our feelings.
Feelings have too many thoughts involved. I'm not saying that feelings are wrong, but thinking things "to death" can lead to confusion and ultimately we will have no peace. I have been reading a few excerpts from the book Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives with the teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica and here are a few quotes that I would like to share with you:

"Our life depends on the kind of thoughts we nurture. if our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like. If our attention is turned to the circumstances in which we live, we are drawn into a whirlpool of thoughts and can have neither peace nor tranquility."


In the meantime, watch the video by OK Go for a nice chuckle and a reminder that all of life's difficult decisions and circumstances will pass. But while I wait for them to pass, I will lean on the One who will give Matty K and me all the positive thoughts we will need until "the morning comes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels