11.19.2010

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!!

Friday has been a day that has always made me giddy. Even when I had to work on Saturday, Friday still seemed like a perfect day. There is an energy to this day; the excitement for what the weekend holds is in the air.

A few weekends ago Matt put this song on repeat and it could be heard throughout our house blaring from the small computer speakers in our office. It's one of my favorite songs and I even love it more after watching the video.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros "Home" from Edward Sharpe on Vimeo.

Today, I caught myself whistling this song as I cleaned the dirty dishes from yesterday evening's dinner which included homemade everything: (click on links for recipes)
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
Coleslaw
Applesauce
* Please note that I made the applesauce on the stove top *

Unfortunately, I hate the lighting in my kitchen at night so I didn't take any photos, but Matt said it was "delicious" and he couldn't keep his nose out of the sauce pan as I was cooking the apples and since he is my one-and-only critic, I'll take that as a compliment.

I don't think I'll be making dinner tonight. I got four shots/immunizations today for my upcoming trip back to Ethiopia and I can hardly move my arms. I'm a wimp. I'm not scared to admit it. The new Harry Potter movie comes out so I'm thinking "why not grab a burger from a local pub and sit and eat some greasy popcorn afterward?" Fridays really are the best day of the week. I hope you find something that is your "favorite" of the day, after all it is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels