11.12.2010

Hallelujah for Indian Summers


It's been a beautiful fall this year - a perfect Indian Summer. I haven't seen a cloud in the sky for over three days. It's chilly in the morning with temperatures in the 30's, but during the day the temperature doubles. I have always enjoyed Jeff Buckley and a few years ago, Matty K told me that it was his favorite song so I listened to it this morning and it was the perfect backdrop to my morning cup of coffee where I watched the sunlight drip in through my blinds. The wind made the leaves sway in the wind and made the sunlight look like it was dancing on my wood floors to the tune of Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah.

Indian Summers are like candy to me. A little unexpected treat for us to enjoy. When fall comes upon me, I can't decide if I long for the warmth of summer or for the coziness of fall, but then an Indian Summer comes along and it's like "oh, this is exactly what I wanted". 

Matty K was off yesterday and we made our usual breakfast together and we got to talking about crepes. Matty tasted his first crepe just a few weeks ago and I couldn't get over it. Crepes are delicious and so I went to my favorite food blog and looked up a recipe for crepes and I came upon this yummy recipe made in a beautiful space. 
Image: Sparkling Ink
I plan on making a treat of crepes for Matty K and I to enjoy this evening. Unfortunately, they will be made inside, but we will sit on the porch and eat them while enjoying this fiery red tree in our yard. 

Hello!



Psalm 108:
My heart is steadfast, O God: 
I will sing and make music with all my soul. 
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations:
I will sing of you among the peoples. 
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be all over the earth.

Today, He reminds me of His love. How can my breath not be taken away by the sweet voice of Jeff Buckley, the sunlight dancing on my floors, and the bright red, fiery leaves...

"And every breath we drew was Hallelujah..." - Jeff Buckley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels