11.03.2010

Home.

It's 11am.

I woke up to a cold and gray morning - it started drizzling about an hour ago.


My house is currently 62 degrees and I am too stubborn to turn on the heat, so instead I turn the heater on in my office and aim it directly at me. However, my pup would prefer it be aimed at him.

Silly Rider


It sounds kinda lousy, but I love it. I love how I am bundled in a sweatshirt and get to wear silly socks. I love how I am able to hold a cup of homemade chai in my cold hands. I love how I can make honey bran muffins and eat them when they are still warm from the oven.

Shop local!

Cold days make me appreciate warmth; they make me appreciate home.

Home.

This is something that has been on my mind lately. Where is "home"? Well, home is wherever Matt and I are together, however, we have more news that we may have to pack up once more and make a new "home".  The decisions are big and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

I read from Philippians 2:19-30 and Paul is talking about sending Timothy to the Philippian church. I stopped at v. 20-21 "I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ."

For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.

True.

In the midst of facing a huge decision, I still found myself seeking out my own interests, purposefully forgetting to hand over the decision to the One who knows what is best for Matt and me.

Change is such a hard thing to accept. I fight it. You fight it. We fight it. Change is inevitable and, yet, I forget how much good it brings. How even a simple change in the weather (like today) makes me appreciate the sunny days of yesterday or it allows me to appreciate a hot cup of chai that much more.

“This is what I’ve come to believe about change: it’s good, in the way that childbirth is good, and heartbreak is good, and failure is good. By that I mean that it’s incredibly painful, exponentially more so if you fight it, and also that it has the potential to open you up, to open life up, to deliver you right into the palm of God’s hand, which is where you wanted to be all along, except that you were too busy pushing and pulling your life into exactly what you thought it should be.”
~ Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet

Today is a reminder that I am not in control, but I can rest in the one who is. He is my home. He is my one constant in the midst of change. He knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels